Both of my kids are asleep, at the same time, and I am not rushing to do anything. It is amazing. Abby has had a nasty fever this weekend, so I have the kids home from church. Both are peacefully sleeping now. Unfortunately, Abby learned to crawl out of her crib this week and we don't yet have her toddler bed set up, so she's on the couch for now. Wish us luck!
We have a lot of random updates. Riley shot a deer over Thanksgiving break, and it is lynched on our back step now. It's below freezing here, so its likely the deer will "hang out" with us for awhile. (I'm always a little afraid someone will come over and discover the badness without an explanation. What will I do if one of my YW discovers it Tuesday night?)
I just finished the semester's classes and I couldn't be happier. I'm 1/4 of the way through and I've learned so much about accounting, operations, leadership, teamwork, etc. Now for a break! YAY!
One of our army friends had a death in his unit in Afghanistan. Please remember the military and their families in your prayers this season. It is really, really tough on all involved. I'm so grateful that Riley is here with us this year. We know it is a blessing and pray for those who have to be away.
I have never known a real athesist until now. My friend and her husband struggle with how to explain that they don't believe in Christmas (or Christ) to their small children. I can't imagine not have the knowledge of Christ and his atonement in my own life. What peace and comfort I have received through out the years. My friend helped me realize some things this week. Thank you!
This is a random post.
7 comments:
Do you still need the toddler bed we offered you?
no thanks on the bed; my in-laws bought her one a little while ago; we just need to re-organize a bit and then get it set up
I like random posts- they let us have a window to your world right now. I love it! Good luck with the deer, just tell it to be quiet for a couple of hours while you have company and all should be well :)
Congrats on being 1/4 of the way through!
I am not coming over until the deer is gone. I HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE...
HA! I can't believe myself...maybe I can. We played truth or dare for YW tonight and you KNOW I dared some of hte girls to go outside my back door...
Oh, okay, I will take the bed to DI then. ... Unless Mary wants it.
I agree with Kristen on the random post thing! I like hearing what is really going on! Well done on the semester! I am excited to see you soon!
Post a Comment