Thursday, June 23, 2011

Update

Summer is here, finally! Last year, our weekends were booked out, in most cases three months out. Adding to that a new business and a new baby, and we were in over our heads. Well, today our baby turns one and I’m happy to report that we have lots of summer left to enjoy this year.

Some recent happenings:
On Monday night, the four of us snuck out and went fishing. Abby was certain one of our catches was going to be purple, and that it would be an “Abby fish”. (Ri caught two fat caught two fat boys in the stream.) Though Abby isn’t especially girlish, she did not like the excessive mud by the streams. Couple the mud-phobia and a restless preschooler, and I chose to sacrifice the 5 gallon bucket chair I was using ….I have never seen her hold so still for so long. She truly didn’t want to touch the mud. Meanwhile, I had Dallin in the Baby Bjorn and he was loving the outdoors.

Lately, he does this death scream if the door at the house moves and he didn’t make it outside during the window of his supposed opportunity. His reaction is immediate and produces real tears. To the uninitiated, it sounds like someone has broken his fingers. Oh, the wailing, the howling. Then, the inevitable head slamming on the tile in defeat.
Poor kid.

I also spent a couple of hours cleaning beeswax off the baby’s high chair, off our stove and countertops. Boys, you know who you are, no more melting wax in my kitchen unless YOU have the time to clean it up. Much appreciation.

2 comments:

Katie & Danny said...

Not to argue, but didn't your baby turn one yesterday?

Beck Family said...

exactly...that's why Abby has a post and D's is forthcoming...?