Thursday, January 10, 2013

No Water

My emergency preparedness has finally ended!  After 7 days with no water, we finally have some stinky well water back in the house.  What does 7 days without running water mean?

  • Two trips to the Beck's house for showers
  • Bucket showers (Honduras-style)
  • Flush-it-down only applies to browns
  • Dishes washed only 2-3X
  • No clean clothes
  • Stinky house
It also means I didn't have to cook (much) and that we're all really grateful that most of the time, we do have running water.  If I had to do it over, I would make sure to always have empty 5 gallon buckets at the house.  We have about 15, and we have filled them every other day.  WHAT would we have done without?!!!

3 comments:

Doug and Karalee said...

that sounds so icky.... I hate that for you

Heidi said...

What happened?! Why were you having an emergency.

Weasa Peasa said...

I still can't believe how much snow you guys got, was that what caused the water outage?

p.s.
I'll oink-you to post some Abby B-day pics.