We made a day trip out to College Station and surrounding areas to visit the Texas World Speedway (old Nascar racing track). It is an event where amateur and aspiring racers prepare their cars and qualify themselves to drive unassisted in races. We showed the kids around a bit and Riley had the idea to take us in the "fun run" around the track. In the van.
I did not have a paper bag in the car, or I might have put it over my head.
But then again, I did take a few photos. Not of any of us, or our van on the tracks, but of the speedway.
This was probably awesome 50 years ago.
Here we are on our lap around the track....we followed a lead car. Max speed was maybe 60 mph.
I missed my prelude! It had a carbon fiber hood, a six inch tailpipe, a sweet sound system, etc.
After the race track...we visited the Bush Library. It was all fine and wonderful for the 5 minutes we spent walking to the beautiful pond and gardens.
It is gorgeous.
We thought maybe the kids would enjoy seeing the fish jumping. But then, we felt a couple of raindrops. So we headed to see where the Bushes would be buried in a few years. We got about a 15 second look before a torrential downpour left us soaking wet in a shelter, too afraid to run to the car.
No comments:
Post a Comment