Thursday, October 8, 2009

The only thing....


Riley says the only reason he's able to make it through the long winters is that there are so many hunts. Tonight he is with a couple of friends getting a start on the duck hunting season. I love Riley. He gets so excited thinking about hunting. He carefully goes through all of his gear, ensuring that every little thing is available and ready to walk out the door when he has the time.


I took this photo the other night. He was explaining to me about gun powder and why it isn't actually powder (I didn't know). It looked like the lead that comes in mechanical pencils!

1 comment:

Weasa Peasa said...

Is that photo something you found online or is that an actual photo of the sample he was using to teach you about it? That is kind of fun that you can get interested in each others interests.