Thursday, August 4, 2011

A few things

So this is going to be random, but I had a few minutes tonight to write. I'm stoked because this week has been really fun. Some things I've recently loved:
1) Playing with my kids every day. Since things have been less busy for the past several weeks, I have had time to take them to the "spwash park", Grandma's "pond", "resasataurants", etc. One of my favorite moments came tonight. Abby took my hand and said to me, "Mom, it's time to play." Her sweet innocence left us STILL playing Mommy Jail and ticklemonster 45 minutes later.
2) My new Dyson vacuum. It's amazing what a tool equal to it's intended function can do for a person's morale. My floors are much appreciative as well.
3) Education. I started my EMBA residency week in late July. That means I have another year to go, and then I'm finished with formal education forever. I'm already sad because every time I go, I learn things that I can think of several immediate applications in daily life. Plus, I am making some great friends. BYU's program is the best bang for the buck, though the executive option is expensive.
4) A great family. My husband is busy as ever, but we are equally yoked. We "get" each other, so that has made for a great summer.

1 comment:

Weasa Peasa said...

Hi Amy - The wording of you item #2 made me laugh. I had to speculate that either the task of vacuuming your floor is greater than can be adequately accomplished by a regular vacuum or that your previous vacuum was poor quality. It made me smile to wonder. I am glad to hear that things are slowing down for you a little. Even after you are done with school in a year I don't think things will slow down too much because you will always be anxiously engaged in good causes.