Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Update

Have you ever lived in fear of a visitor?  I know it's kind of a silly question, but I happen to have a history of hiding from visitors. 

 I remember as a kid there was a family in our small town that used to drop by (and nobody in my family wanted to host them).  So, I remember the brilliant idea I had to take everyone down into the basement and hide.  In college, I got busted for hiding from a roommate under my bed.

This time, the situation is different.  It doesn't matter WHO the visitor is, I'm hiding if they're coming to my house.  My place is a total disaster with no hope.  We have 996 square feet shared with 1000 lbs of honey, a bottling tank, 2 kids, and our entire lives.  I have no idea how people live like this long-term. 

If you were considering visiting me, I'd love to see you.  Let's just meet at the local restaraunt?

7 comments:

McKee said...

I remember you climbing out a window one time to avoid a visitor...

Jelena said...

Lori once climbed into the pan cupboard to avoid a guy that came to see me. Sometimes I fear my visiting teachers for the same reason...=o)

Taci Merkley said...

Ha ha ha!! That is hilarious! I wasn't part of that family right? I do remember one sleep over where I came in from sleeping outside on the trampoline and no one was in sight... Guess I should have taken the hint way back then!!

Weasa Peasa said...

Maybe instead of avoiding visitors you could turn yourself into one. I think lots of people feel couped up during the winter even if the best of circumstances, so maybe you could plan some weekends away. If you decide to do that we'd LOVE to see you guys.

Anonymous said...

Which roommate were you hiding from?

Beck Family said...

HAHA....never hiding from any of you. It was my old, scary roommate Christina that I getting away from years and years ago. Taci, of course I didn't invite you to stay over and then hide out! NO WAY!

Heidi said...

There are many ways of avoiding visitors...hiding from the R.S. under your bed...Then there are more discrete ways of avoiding spending time with people like telling them that you can't hang out because those dangerous mosquitoes will be out...

I like you Amers and wish that I could visit you and eat some of that yummy honey! By the way, Abigail got REALLY happy when she saw a picture of you and Riley this morning!