Friday, June 15, 2012

Summer happenings

I've had the best week!  Friends for dinner on Sunday and Monday nights, out to dinner with more friends on Tuesday night.  When my Wednesday meetings fell through, Riley and I decided to go up Diamond Fork canyon and take the kids camping.  We slept in a tent on a 80% inflated air mattress....with three blankets between the two of us.  In the morning we went on a 4-wheeler ride that made me so grateful to live in America with all of the freedoms and opportunities we enjoy.

Back to the good parts.  Thursday after my nap, I met Shelley for a dinner meeting and then rejoined old church friends for a couple of hours.  My favorite part of the night was after the late-night walk I went on with Riley and the kids, we found some frogs in the front yard.  Abby went from scared of them to comfortable as can be in less than just a few seconds.  We found four toads (is it bad I can't tell the difference between toads and frogs...so I don't know which they really are...).  We noticed one frog was humongous (Daddy frog), one was medium (Mom frog), and two were little (Abby and Dallin frogs).  I have never laughed so hard watching Abby run around.   She lined all four frogs up on a sidewalk crack and started them in on a race.  When the Dallin frog seemed to be out jumping her stalling frog, she ran out, picked her frog up, and raced it to the finish line.  HAHA!

Today was Shelley's 50th birthday and everyone from both sides of her family came out to the shiskabob party.  Wait...I just realized.  Every single entry about why it's been such a great week revolves around good dinner.

To think I almost started a diet this week.  Shudder.

4 comments:

McKee said...

We also have Daddy, Mommy, Teenager, kid and baby things.

I love that she had to have her frog win!

Notions in Motion said...

Glad you have had so many yummy dinners! Hoping that sometime soon we can arrange to share one of those yummy dinners with you guys! :)

Heidi said...

So glad it was such a great time! You deserve it!

Weasa Peasa said...

:)