This is post about our 24th of July holiday. For those of you outside of Utah, there is a state holiday to commemorate the first day that the pioneers came to Utah in 1847. It is celebrated with a parade, rodeo, picnics, and any other outdoor summer fun outing. Also, since it is associated with the LDS church, there isn't much drinking either.
Shelley gave us a whole bunch of bananas. I thought I would make breakfast shakes with them....Too bad Dallin had an idea of his own.
Abby loves to do art. This is a little sketch she did this afternoon instead of napping. It's Riley holding a hammer.
Here we are at the carnival. Not a great photo, but I don't look too fat in it....
At the carnival again. Abby actually did enjoy the ride.
Little Mr. didn't go to the carnival, since he took a 3 1/2 hour nap today. He is feeling quite awake, however, now, that it is late.
Thanks to everyone who came to the afternoon luncheon. We had a great time with you!
4 comments:
I love your honesty! I think that we all throw those photos in that "don't make me look too fat"! I admit that I have been throwing in some terrible ones of me, too, though. That is all I seem to have these days! Your kids are so grown up and darling! I LOVE the artwork! Call me sometime! Sorry I fell off the face of the earth. I should be a bit better when I have a home again some day!!!
I love that art ;)
It's good to see your updates, and I am glad to know the Becks enjoyed yet another long anticipated and much celebrated 24th. You know it's one of my favourite holidays to. I am hating that photo of the bananas just because I think munched up bananas have the worse texture and the idea of cleaning that up out of the carpet would not make me smile.
Oh I went back a looked, it's not carpet it's a lovely counter top. I guess I need to come see your house!
Post a Comment