1. Make one PB&J for Abby, one jam-only for Dallin, and pour myself a bowl of cereal. Eat.
2. Tell the kids the "plan" for the day and ask if they think they can earn a trip to the splash park and to Grandma's house. Make a list of the chores and activities we
3. Clean Abby's room for the next 45 minutes. When emptying the garbage, smell foul smell. Realize that someone has used it as a toliet. Probably a couple of days ago. Ew. Disinfect and scrub and retreat from stinky areas. Someone admits using the garbage "because you wouldn't let me out of timeout". Nice try. Bathroom breaks are never forbidden in time outs at this house. Call Grandma S and talk to her about tomorrow morning's plan. Have to hang up because kids are being rude and purposely out-talking us. Put kids in time outs (again).
4. Fold 4 loads of laundry and switch another pesky load. Question this decision. Mom is coming on Sunday night. Do I REALLY need to do laundry today?
5. Vacuum kids rooms and start cleaning mine. Suddently realize it's getting late and I haven't taken my magnesium citrate for the big day tomorrow. Drink 1/3 of a bottle. Hope this is the right amount and timing!
6. Abby is so hungry she "could die". Decide not to cook, but to get jr. cheeseburgers instead. Get kids dressed (no mention of my getting dressed yet, might I add. I'm still in my pjs). Drive to Wendy's a get cheeseburgers for all.
7. Eat. Kids do especially well at this. Probably should have fed them earlier. oops.
8. Kids play while I clean my bathroom/bedroom and finish putting all of the clothes away. Dallin uses the toliet for the fourth time today (yay!) and I send him to naptime.
9. Ignore phone calls from people who want to buy honey. Send neighborhood kids to play at their own houses. I'm not in the mood to babysit or to answer dozens of random questions while other people's small children dig through my fridge and snack cupboards.
10. Realize that I'm crazy to be writing any of this down, especially right now. It's 2:20pm and I'm having a baby in the morning. There are lots of things to do!
3 comments:
Oh those days! I've been thinking lately about how amazing mothers are... Good luck with labor and delivery! So excited for you! Hugs from CA <3.
But like you said Mom is coming on Sunday...
I love you!
Post a Comment