In Loving Memory,
My sweet Grandpa McKee passed away this morning. My initial reaction to the news was, "oh, that's great news!", only because I know how much he wanted this day. Grandpa was 86(ish) and has been ready to go for years. Riley and I took Abby up to meet him two weeks ago. This was the first time in years that he didn't end our visit with, "I probably won't see you again". He has been so anxious to go and reunite with my Grandma. What a blessing to know that they are together forever, eternal companions, united through covenant.
I will miss the good visits we had with Grandma and Grandma Marj. Marj has been such a good companion for him for the past seven (or eight) years. It will be a nice reunion of all family members this weekend at the funeral.
My sweet Grandpa McKee passed away this morning. My initial reaction to the news was, "oh, that's great news!", only because I know how much he wanted this day. Grandpa was 86(ish) and has been ready to go for years. Riley and I took Abby up to meet him two weeks ago. This was the first time in years that he didn't end our visit with, "I probably won't see you again". He has been so anxious to go and reunite with my Grandma. What a blessing to know that they are together forever, eternal companions, united through covenant.
I will miss the good visits we had with Grandma and Grandma Marj. Marj has been such a good companion for him for the past seven (or eight) years. It will be a nice reunion of all family members this weekend at the funeral.
3 comments:
Amy, I'm so sorry for your grandpa's passing. You have such an incredible attitude about it all. It's neat to see them with your little Abby.
This is the first picture I've seen of Marj- it brought back memories.
My roommates seemed confused that I had a similar reaction to you. I am happy for him as well. That is fun for Abby to have a picture with him ;)
Amy, I am sorry to hear of your Grandpa's passing. I am glad he got to meet Abby before he left to be with your grandma.
I, like, Kristen, was happy to see a picture of Marj and remember all of the neat stories we have heard about her.
I hope the funeral is peaceful. Our prayers will be with you and your family!
Post a Comment