I've had quite the week of firsts. In no particular order:
1) Learning how to use heavy-duty tie down straps @ the local Home Depot on the diesel truck, courtest of the construction crew from Tennessee
2) Backyardigans. A friend made a passing reference to this show a couple of years ago and the name resonated in my mind when another friend recently brought it up. I netflixed it (yup, there's another first) and BINGO. It's a hit at our house. I like the music. Abby is 50/50 in her interest.
3) An interview with the Daily Herald for an article on our new beekeeping business. (It will be published on Wednesday.) I hope the publicity is a good thing for us. The last time we were in the newspaper, it was a photo of us hugging when Ri returned from Iraq.
4) Preventing our dog from learning about the birds and the bees, courtesy of every male dog in our neighborhood. Seriously, if you're missing a dog, please come to my house to get him. No, really. You should hear me shouting GO HOME about every 5 minutes. Lovely.
5) Dallin won't eat anything that resembles baby food, but get him something hard to gnaw on, and you won't get it back.
6) Abby won't call me Mom anymore. It's Amy, Amy Beck, Mimi, or MimiAMY.
3 comments:
That is an awesome list of firsts! I can only imagine the Tennessee construction workers were all too happy to show a cute Mimi Amy how to use heavy duty tie-down! That is awesome about the article- congrats! I am sure it will be a boon to business. I am still in awe you are doing that, by the way. Do you share in my terror of bee stings?
I haven't really worked the bees, so I've only been stung once. I was truly shocked at how much it hurt! Most stings you get are actually wasps or something else, so I think it was my first bee sting. Ouch! I try to avoid the risk whenever possible.
That is really funny cause she calls me mom ever time I watch her for you. (yes last friday too)
Post a Comment