Saturday, March 24, 2012

Passersby loved us today.  We felt like the paparazzi was after us once the bees woke up this morning during our Spring beekeeping class series.  About 60 people participated in today's festitivies.
 Worker bees on a cover.  I like the looks of the Italian queen.
 Isn't every beekeeper entitled to a post or two about bees?  Riley showed hobbyists how to identify nectar, pollen, propolis, and the queen bee today.
 Waiting for class to start a couple of weeks ago.
The first crack into a hive.  Notice the one guy who isn't suited up....

2 comments:

Doug and Karalee said...

These classes look pretty cool! Well done

Weasa Peasa said...

I doesn't surprise me that he'd not suit up for a little peek or simple procedure in the hive, but I am really surprised he'd do that when there are sooo many people (variables beyond his control) present. I am glad you guys had a nice turn out.