Another spacious view from Dubai.
On a river taxi
You know Ferrari World isn't that popular when the ride plans for only 5 women riders! I was initially suprised to see these face/hair coverings. It doesn't seem like they would be highly effective on the worlds fastest roller coaster...but then, there were no local ladies at the theme park to test my theory.
One of the many honey sellers at the Spice Market in Istanbul.
This happened while I was supposedly helping in primary. I was tricked! Not only did I have to change there (this is the church's kitchen), but I got tricked into taking photos. I guess someone needed to share her Indian culture really bad...
At the Real Madrid stadium in Spain.
At the mosque with the women. Women must wear appropriate clothing in order to walk on the grounds or to take any photos. Approriate clothing includes ankle-length dress that comes down to the wrists also. It also includes full covering of the neck and hair. Only religous zealots cover their faces. Islam does not require face coverings for its women.
On the entrance doors to one of the malls in Dubai.
Wow, my pictures are really out of order. To fix them might require another several days delay...sorry readers! These are workers outside of the mosque in Abu Dhabi.



4 comments:
loved seeing the pictures! Looks like it was awesome. Also, allow me to point out that you might need to update your about me section as it only list Riley Amy Abby and Belle....
WOW!!!! Absolutely amazing! I'm so glad you had that adventure-- and how cool to see Honey from across the world :). Did you taste it? Did it taste any different (I have a vague recollection that the kind of pollen influences the taste....). Is Riley home? I need all kinds of updates!
Ummm.... I apparently am logged in to Glenn's account... this is Kristen :)
It was a blast. Kristen, thanks for the comment. We are good now. The honey was delicious and oh so cheap compared to U.S. honeycomb. It tasted similarly, yet had a tiny bitter aftertaste.
Post a Comment