Thursday, November 15, 2012

Van

Kids are interesting, you know?  I had our neighbor, Brookley, age 10, with me for a trip to the library and grocery store on Tuesday night.  Out of the blue, she asked me "Amy, would you like a van?"  I'm not sure if I've ever really thought that question through.  Through my giggles, I said NO!  but then, I realized her family has a van and they love it, so I said, NO WAY right now, but maybe someday.  Then, Abby chirped in "Mom, if you want a van, you could just ask Heavenly Father.  Just say it in your prayers, Heavenly Father, could you please give me a van and then you get a van."
 
 
So, I have been laughing about that a bit.  No, I don't really think I want a van.  Should I start praying now, though, in case I might want a van in the future?  Several of my friends have them.  They like 'em.  Should I be considering?
 
Here are a few options:
 
 
Well now!
We know this is out of the question.  I couldn't park it.  Plus, who needs to transport 14 passengers anyway?  Ever?
 I really hate the exterior of this blue abomination, whatever this is.  Could this vehicle really be in the U.S. market for consumers with choice?  I don't think I'd take it for $10!   Look Ma, it has shiny paint!!!  Haha, you sucker, you'll be paying the dealers to take it back off your hands someday in the distant future.  UGly!
 Here is "THE VAN" according to my "friends" who have vans.  Sliding doors, lots of features, guarantees galore...
 If I have to get a van someday, this is probably my choice.  At least it's functional, to go along with the hideousness...
On next thought, I think I was right.  I really don't ever want a van.  Who is with me?

5 comments:

McKee said...

We have been looking at the 12 or 15 passenger vans. We haven't been able to bite the bullet to boy one yet.

Doug and Karalee said...

I like Lisa and Nicholas's van/car thingy. it doesnt look to van like.

Lori Jane said...

Just so you know, option number two is a NV 200 it is a compact commercial cargo van. It doesn't have seats so it wouldn't be too helpful for you.

However they are brand new to the market and I happen to know the only guy in Utah who sells them ;) Should you change your mind...

Beck Family said...

Thanks for the heads up. I saw something very similiar to the NV 200 while I was in Turkey. It was ugly with or without seats. I can't imagine them on the market. How much research really was there?

Weasa Peasa said...

Here is a fuel efficient alternative, though it has some down sides for Utah winters.

http://www.worldsupertravel.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/motorbike-family-with-babies-in-afganastan-middle-east.jpg