Friday, August 16, 2013

Bless his heart, but...

Not to pick on any one person specifically, but I did have something on my mind.  How, exactly, do three year olds get their ideas?  I have wondered many, many times how one little boy can move SO quickly to do his own will.  I thought to write because my Dallin was sent to bed at 8:30 or close to it.  I was on the phone shortly after tucking him in, so I checked on him around 9:00pm.  Good thing I checked.  He was definitely not in bed.

Hmmm...three year old not in his room?  (Well, earlier this week, he snuck away to our neighbors house and rang their doorbell at 7:30 am, asking "Can I play?")  My first thought was "Please not twice in one week...!"   I looked in my room/bed, checked the living room, checked Abby's room, but no.  And then, I smelled it. 

No, it wasn't poop.  This time.  I smelled the unmistakable fragrance of face cream before I entered my bathroom.  When I turned on the light, a trail and a whole artistic rendering of a great mess smacked me in the face.  ALL over the cupboards, floor, mirrors, drawers, etc.  Then, I noticed he had also found some money. 

Naturally, my next question was "but where IS Dallin?"  Pretending to be asleep on the floor near by bed, that's where.  His snotty nose on my pillow, yes that was definitely going to require a pillow case change.  I also found a $20 bill ripped in half, plus a few $1s ripped in two's.  The best part?  He also randomly had the home teaching message clutched to his chest and wrapped up in his blankets.  Hmm.

I think he was faking his comatose state, but I carried him to bed.  I've had enough getting after him today, so I saved it.  I already promised to not buy any more popsicles for six months (mean mom, yes).  I stopped him from doing his "plans" at least 500 times today.  Its late and I'm tired.  Any want him tomorrow?



2 comments:

Alisa Haggard said...

Oh my goodness, Amy. I so needed to read this today. We had a similar happening yesterday, but it was during nap time, and the smell that alerted me there was a problem was Danny's potent, and quite expensive cologne that is kept on the very highest shelf of our bedroom closet. You know, where we put stuff we don't want any kids to get . . . like shoe polish and boxes of razor blades. When I got to the closet, there was quite a large pile of cologne-scented clothes and many other random items to greet me. The shelves were bare. Not my favorite day. Maybe we should trade boys for a day just to mix things up?

Doug and Karalee said...

Amers... that is awesome.