Sunday, August 11, 2013

Three is an adventure

Everyone says that three kids is the hardest, because you don't have enough hands to keep everyone.  Well, I completely concur that I don't have enough hands (or brains, or attention span) for three kids.  I thought the transition to two was harder though.  Here are a few of our highlights:

1.   Since Riley had a meeting for the full hour before church, I am solely responsible for how the kids looked at church.  Let's just say I only noticed that Abby's shirt was backwards, her dress had BBQ? stains on the front, and my personal favorite...she had a second skirt tucked under her dress once we all sat down in the meeting.  Nice, huh?
2. Church today was impossible. Abby had quite possibly eaten a whole bowl of jumping beans just before sacrament meeting.  She was hopping and dipping and talking and singing and managing to really, really test my patience.  About 5 minutes before the meeting was supposed to end, we had had enough and Riley took her outside.  She starting yelling, "I can be nice now, I can be nice now!"  When that didn't work, it changed to a louder volumed "Don't spank me too hard, Dad!"   Half of the people I know in the building commented to me afterwards.

2 comments:

Doug and Karalee said...

that is stinkin funny!

Weasa Peasa said...

he he he I laughed out loud and then I laughed again. Ever since we got outnumbered I've had to frame things to myself in a different way. I try to tell myself that my kids are learning to dress themselves and that they'll be more independent and responsible this way. Each week, when we get to church I start counting how many things are wrong with Peter's appearance we always get 2-4 of the following: pant's and/or underwear on backwards, hands forced through the space between formed above the button that holds the cuff together, crazy combed hair, tie clipped to the button below the top button, shoes on the wrong feet, socks on inside out and/heal side up. When we sit down I fix the ones that can be fixed. I laugh to myself and shake my head a little.