Can you believe I elected to take three kids, by myself, to Utah for a nearly two week roadtrip? Neither can I, really. I decided in late September that I wanted to do it, and then it was just countdown time. I spent $40 in crafts/kid projects for the van and bought some snacks and we were headed out the door. This is the only photo of the outbound trip. We drove through Lubbock, then up through Denver and arrived after 26 hours of drive time at my parents.
Sadly, we all caught Dallin's wicked cold en route. Tridell was less-awesome than I hoped because we (mostly me) were so sick. We did make it to the park and Karalee and Mom/Dad made a lot of food for us. One of the first orders of business at arrrival at Kyla's house was nail painting.
Here is Abby's best friend, Averi. They were inseparable the whole time. Abby didn't want to do anything unless Averi was right there.
One rare smile from Alaina. She was cutting teeth and was sick with a cold. Unfortunately for everyone, she was "Little Miss Cranky Pants" as Abby calls her.
Belle, in her new home and with Shad. She loves the farm and is glad she didn't have to leave it.
Stacey & Laina playing a game.
The play crew
Abby lost a tooth in Utah. Thanks Mom for pulling it. The hour of drama was more than I could bear alone!
San Antonio temple. We had hoped to go to the Payson temple while in Utah, but the trip didn't work out exactly like I thought.
One of the many things to do at Kyla's house.
The first time my kids have ever seen a payphone. They didn't know what it was! They were SO good on the trip to Utah. Abby sat in the back and Dallin and Alaina sat in the middle. No two children could touch each other, but everyone was in passing range for snacks and good behavior prizes.
A rest stop before anyone got sick.
The pizza Karalee made, just for me. It is chicken alfredo! Yum.
Smoked chicken, thanks Dad!
Thanks Shelley for this cute coat. We don't do warm wear in TX and this little one doesn't own any!
Abby snoozing with her prize pack and her neck pillow (thanks Shelley!) on the way home
Total drive time for the trip was 58 hours and 28 minutes. Total mileage was 3400







2 comments:
58 hours is entirely too long to drive in a car with 3 kids!
Looks like you had a good time. Maybe next time you can drive up here instead. It is only a 24.5 hour drive.
Post a Comment