Thursday, March 17, 2016

Beach

 While the boys went hog hunting, the girls and I went to the beach for some sun and fun.  We didn't plan to go to the beach until the night before and we were already in McAllen.  Thus we didn't have the boogie boards/beach toys/umbrellas/chairs, etc.   However, I didn't totally fail them. I did bring snacks and drinks.
 Alaina enjoyed the beach this time, unlike most of our other attendances.  She loved running around free.  The water was cold by South Texas standards (but was probably fine for most people).  She didn't have any interest in the water.

 We came to the beach the week before we moved last September.  It's amazing what six months time does for a baby.  Karissa slept in her carseat at the beach last time for nearly two hours.  This time, however, she was full of curiosity and energy.  She wanted to catch every seagull she found and she liked eating sand.  She wanted to dip Cheetos in sand and then scribble in the sand, then taste.  Repeat.  Repeat it again.  All morning.
She was alert and content as can be. 
 Here she is on her way to check out the water.  It was very cold for a little one though.
 The girls clapping and cheering for the first seagulls who arrived, ready to steal their snacks.
 She singlehandedly chased most of them away.
 Poor Abby.  I packed in a 2 minute span from whatever we already had at the hotel and forgot to pack her a swimsuit!  There were tears.  But, at least we had Dallin's suit in the van.  Abby enjoyed playing in the water and making sea turtles, castles, and waterways in the sand.
 Everyone warned me about going to the beach on Spring Break.  They said it would be too crowded and that I'd never get a parking spot or a spot on the beach....check this! 
 Hopefully we can come back soon!


No comments: