I have been thinking about how truly grateful I am to live in America.
I have clean water to drink and abundant food growing in my garden and available for purchase. I don't have to wait in long lines (unless at Wal-Mart, the low price leader). If I'm in danger, the police come. The police are here to protect and solve problems. Ambulances are dispatched in emergencies and they drive on public roads available to us all.
I can attend public gatherings and and I can write whatever I want on my blog. The government doesn't censor my writings. My family is healthy and well and secure.
Thank you to all of those who make this possible. For those who stand for freedom, democracy, I appreciate you. For those of you who have stepped away from your personal comfort to protect me, I am deeply grateful. I applaud you and thank you.
Happy Independence Day!
2 comments:
I am with you! Sometimes it is easy to forget all of the blessings we have amidst our trials, but we really do have so much!
Amen to that! Thanks for the post- I love it when I read something that sets my focus on how truly blessed we are! Whether it is California or Utah :). It was so nice to see you!
Post a Comment