Thursday, July 1, 2010

Queen Bees and other things

All,
Please don't come over to use my bathroom today. Any other day is fine, but today, it's really just tied up for the day. You see, late last night, a less-than-sturdy box containing several hundred worker bees and queen bees arrived in my living room. At 5:00 am as I woke to feed Dallin, I found two bees on my livingroom pillow. (I promptly squashed them. Sorry Abby, but your pets had to go....)

Throughout the next couple of hours, I killed up to 15 worker bees in my living room. Since I couldn't take the box outside (it would gather hundreds and hundreds of other migratory bees), I had no choice but to put it in the only room in our house that the kids don't have free access to....

Anyway, there are a couple of dozen of loose bees in my bathroom. Hope Riley makes it home soon,

AMY

2 comments:

Katie & Danny said...

This amuses me

Weasa Peasa said...

Holy Cow!!!!! What a day. You are a good sport.