Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sleep talker

So Riley really cracked me up the other night. I usually take Abby into the living room for middle of the night feedings. It is easy for me.

However, Riley is constantly encouraging me to stay in the bedroom for both feeding and changing responsibilities, claiming that he doesn't really wake up to the noise/lights/etc. So the other night (in the middle of the night), I asked him for three words to describe how he feels about my feeding her in bed. He said "frustrating," "tiring (I think)", and "bewildering". "Bewildering???? In what way?, I asked.

His response? Well, when I wake up in the night with a poopy diaper by my head, I feel bewildered.

So I have been laughing about this for a few days. When I asked him about this last night, he had no memory. Apparently, we had this conversation while he was asleep....

8 comments:

Maxmomma said...

Amers! That is hilarious! See, I knew motherhood would just give lots more good stories! I love it!

Jelena said...

Ha Ha Ha...next time I see you I am still going to be laughing about this! =o)

McKee said...

That is pretty funny.

Katie & Danny said...

Sleep talking is the greatest! Especially with Mom. Ask her about the Ritz crackers

Anonymous said...

Hope things are going well. We are trying to figure out a time when we can come meet her!

Beck Family said...

Another fun thing Riley recently said in his sleep...."can we get a riding lawnmover?"

When I asked him about this one, he said, excitedly, "I wonder how big a piece of ground I had if I wanted a riding lawn mower!"

Shelley said...

At least he isn't dreaming/talking about Arliss. haha. The funny thing about our sleep talker is he actually carries on a conversation when you talk to him. Try it Amy, it is so fun.

Mom said...

This is great. I knew he was a keeper. I laugh every time I think of this.