Valentines Day has never been a momentous occasion for me....well, except for a few years, I guess. The first real Valentine's Day memory I carry is the year Kris tried to kiss me in the backseat after a LONG date in Park City. He actually kissed his hands, while he touched my face...bleck! The whole while I was thinking about Ryan, the boy I actually liked.
Another year I talked Alisa into participating in the Valentine's Day massacre at Gold's Gym....essentially, 50 girls were fighting in one cake to pull out a ring and 3-5 other prizes. Alisa won an "intimacy" gift basket and I left with a sore neck from one of the other girls. Not too cool.
Well, Riley took me to Dalton's restaurant when we were dating. The food was excellent, but I thought he was going to break up with me the entire evening. When I came home that night, I was still wondering if we were breaking up.....
So Riley has been away for the past two years for Valentine's Day. So now it's this year.
Surprisingly enough, I forgot it was even Valentine's Day until BreAnne asked me if I wanted to do Abby's photo shoot on the big day. I was like, what big day? Oh, you mean...right. You and Garrett will be doing something.
So tonight, I am researching what I should do for Riley for Valentines Day. Poor guy.
Actually, maybe he's lucky. Neither one of us will be too sad when we say, "I didn't really get you anything..."
Anyone know how to make chalupas? I think I'll make something he loves for dinner.
4 comments:
Oh you are SOOO my sister! I love you! This post has brought me happiness multiple times today...
Oh! Those are terrible and hilarious memories! Reminds me of my donating blood on Valentine's Day memories! How'd the chalupas turn out?
Too bad I didn't check this sooner. I do have a recipe.
You know Amy - Nicholas and I both think that the TV version of Valentines Day seems kind of lame. We don't make a big deal out of it - no 30 dollar roses, no 15 dollar chocolates, no threat-of-spending-time-in-the-dog house looming over head if one or the other of us weren't romantic enough. We some times write love notes or make homemade love cards and we tend to do a nice dinner at home (but how is that different than any other night since all my dinners are nice) :) j/k anyways I hope the Chalupas were good and that you guys get to spend most all of the rest of your Valentines Days together.
Post a Comment