Friday, September 19, 2008

Grown up

The other day I realized there I am a grown up in every way. I have noticed my apparent adulthood a few times, like the time one of my primary kids asked me if all mom's handwriting is sloppy, and the time I realized several friends my age have three kids. I was thinking of the things that make me "old" and here they are, in no particular order:
1) I have owned four cars since I started out on my own. I donated the Beretta to the kidney foundation and I let my dad take over the payments on the Oldsmobile. I sold the Prelude to get a family oriented, four door, fuel efficient Corolla.
2) A student on campus referred to me as "that pushy lady". Enough said. I wasn't upset about the pushy part, but come ON, am I really a lady? I'm only a few years older than the average college kid.
3) Most of my saturday nights consists of cleaning, watching the dog, and preparing primary lessons.
4) I have a dog. And a mortgage. And a baby on the way.

The list could continue. But it's nearly 9:00 pm and time for me to get to bed. Until next time!

3 comments:

Katie & Danny said...

Hmmm, I always thought it was good if someone thought of you as a lady.

The Curtis Family said...

Ha ha Amy, you are so funny! I love you! For the record i don't think your a pushy lady! ha ha! I would take the lady remark the same way, Lady just sounds so old! They could have at least said pushy woman, now that sounds a little better! Woman to me sounds a little more sexy! haha! having said that your a pushy woman Amy! ha ha love you!

Anonymous said...

Amy I have these same thoughts from time to time...

I don't know if you'll ever see this since I am only responding a month after you wrote this but some day for fun you should google "mom jeans" when you are feeling old you can watch that clip and realize you aren't "that old."