Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Widow


A few weeks ago, Riley purchased a cow elk call dubbed "the widow maker". I thought it very clever of the company to realize that wives were home all alone, sometimes for days, if not weeks on end. The statement bothered me because it almost seemed like a mockery for the first several times I read the package....then it dawned on me today.....the product wasn't acknowleding women who lose their husbands for the months of August and September to the hunt..the publicity was directed at the elk. Boy, do I feel stupid.

3 comments:

Maxmomma said...

LOL! That's hilarious! You would certainly know about giving up a husband for significant periods of time :). It has been fun checking out your posts- it's cool that you blog now.

tonandboys said...

This really made me laugh, because it took me a minute to think about how that statement could be referring to the elk. I love your blog. I had to explain to jason that belle is your dog. At least I did make that connection. He probably would have been quicker with the widow maker connection. hope that makes sense. If it is alright, I will make a voting poll on the mckee blog...for ultrasound votes. can't wait to see some fun ultrasound pics. love ya

Doug and Karalee said...

ha ha... I automatically thought it was referring to the wives too. In fact if you hadnt mentioned the elk connection I would have walked away laughing in my heart about the widow maker marketing ploy towards women.